Here are some tips on how you can save money and help the environment at the same time.
- Gas. Don’t drive when you don’t have to. When you do drive, go at a steady 55/65 mph on the highways to conserve gasoline. When you’re in the market for a new car, buy a hybrid, electric car or at least a more gas efficient model.
- Plastic. Don’t buy bottled water. You’re mostly paying for the plastic not the water. If you do buy bottled water, at least recycle the plastic bottles afterward.
- Paper. Don’t waste money on paper cups or paper plates. Avoid using paper towels for everything and instead use a cleaning cloth instead.
- Food. If you get some plastic forks/spoons/knives to go with your meal, take them home and re-use them until they break. Bring your own chopsticks to restaurants. Take your leftovers home.
- Recycle. You can make money with your trash. Recycle your glass, plastic, paper and aluminum.