Electricity, we all need it, but are you doing everything you can do reduce your monthly electricity bill? Here are some tips to save you a few bucks every month.
- Turn off unnecessary lights. This one is a no-brainer. When you leave a room or leave the house or go to sleep, turn the lights off.
- Replace incandescent bulbs with fluorescent bulbs. By using these energy efficient bulbs you’ll have the same light output but using less watts. These lights are more expensive but it will save you money in the long run.
- Install solar panels. This is a big expense but it will eventually pay itself. It can also be a tax deduction.
- Unplug unused devices. You don’t need to keep your chargers plugged in all the time. These items do consume a little bit of electricity just for being plugged in, even if you’re not using them.
- Refrigerator. Increase the temperate of your refrigerator by a few degrees, but be sure to keep it at 40 degrees or less.
- Energy star. Buy items with the energy star logo. These items are designed to consume less electricity than others.